22 February 2017

Wonderful Wednesday Twenty



I didn't really mean for this blog to be all about the Wonderful Wednesday posts, not that that's a bad thing. With all of the plates spinning in the air at the moment it's nice to sit and take stock of the best bits.

Visits from Lovely Folk
My favourite friend, from those long ago university days, visited a week last Saturday and it was wonderful. We ate Chinese food, bared our souls and watched plenty of feel good films. We don't see each other much anymore, what with her living a couple of hours away and having her own little family so I really treasure those times when we do get together. 

Fresh Blooms
Daffodils have begun to spring up in our very overgrown garden. We haven't begun to tackle this yet due to the weather being rubbish and having a ton of things to do indoors. I'm looking forward to getting out in the garden in the next few weeks and starting to make some headway. In particular, I have plans for a little patch outside of the kitchen door to be the herb garden. It already has a well established rosemary bush so it would be rude not to.

Coconut Collaborative Rice Pudding
I actually love everything this company touches but good grief their vanilla rice pudding is good! Warmed up briefly in the microwave it is just enough to keep my sugar cravings at bay. Also, their little choc pots are amazing if that's more your thing.

Veg Boxes
After putting my hand in a rather rotten bag of green beans the day after we bought them, Byron and I have decided to go 100% British with our veg for the foreseeable future. We've signed up to some Abel & Cole organic veg boxes where you get 5-6 different types of veg each week and it's been wonderful so far. This week we received possibly the best carrots I have ever tasted, some potatoes, leeks, mushrooms, kale and Jerusalem artichokes. Easily enough for an entire week and the cost wasn't bad either. It's a great way of getting us cooking more and whilst leeks aren't my favourite we have actually nearly eaten all of them. Not sponsored, just damn good veggies!

Project 333
I'll probably write more about this in it's own post but I recently starting organising my wardrobe in line with Project 333. Whilst I don't necessarily think that you have to stick to a specific number (In this case 33 items) it is handy to have something to work towards. I actually found that once I had just selected the things I really loved and felt confident in I only had 19 items! A sorry state indeed! Anyway, it's made getting ready every day a doddle and I no longer feel the same anxiety when opening my wardrobe doors to be faced with clothes that don't make me feel good. The big spring clean will spill out into the kitchen this weekend so watch this space.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.